Food is the foundation of our health. We literally become what we eat. That's why I believe nutrition is essential to managing hypothyroidism and PCOS. It is non-negotiable!
I started Hayat Nutrition with one mission in mind: to help women with hypothyroidism and PCOS live healthier and happier lives. I have heard and read 100s of stories from individuals, who are being told by their doctors that their labs look fine, so there’s no answer to their symptoms. Sometimes they’re told “it’s all in your head.”
I’m here to tell you it’s not!
I believe I can help women with hypothyroidism or PCOS stop surviving and start thriving through the power of nutrition.
Now it's your turn!
It is time to create the life you've always wanted! I'm excited to help you reduce your symptoms and get your life back. With my personalized approach, you will learn how and what to eat to support your health. All while eating foods you love! There's no counting, starving, or restricting here!
Are you ready?
Over the past decade or more, I've tried different kinds of nutrition advice and definitely fad diets. Keto/low-carb, intermittent fasting, low calorie. You name it. That mixed with the stress of life, excessive exercise, and college/graduate school, was a recipe for disaster.
I was constantly constipated, got diagnosed with female pattern baldness, had excessively dry skin (winter itch anyone?), gained weight, was constantly freezing (my toes and fingers were always ice cold and purple). And the worst symptom? Insomnia and NO ENERGY! I was exhausted, needing at least 2-3 naps to get through the day.
I had no idea I was destroying my metabolic health. Jumping from one diet to the next that promised me weight loss was slowly hurting my sleep, thyroid health, and landed me a diagnosis of PCOS.
Then I learned how to to eat for hormonal health and how to support my metabolism. And here’s what happened:
- My hair started to grow back. Not only did it stop falling out, but its texture came back too.
- I haven’t had winter itch in years
- I stopped needing gloves to type on my laptop during winter
- Toasty, warm fingers and nose throughout the day
- Sleeping through the night
- Waking up refreshed and rested
- No more naps!
- Regular bowel movements
- Little to no more IBS symptoms
- Regular periods
- Less menstrual cramping
- Less PMS symptoms
I believe everyone's health is a journey. That's why I'm always digging into the science to learn how people can optimize their health.
Here's to learning & good health,
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist
- Clinical Training at the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center
- Master's in Public Health Nutrition from University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- Bachelor's of Science in Dietetics from University of Maryland, College Park